Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I'm in the us Air Force military I'm married and would like a divorce, I'm currently based in the uk while my wife in living in Florida we have been separated for 2 years and now it's time to get divorced but she wont sign the papers. What can I do now?

Asked on 6/24/13, 11:14 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

You can just file the case in FL and get her served and move the case forward.

Read more
Answered on 6/24/13, 11:24 am

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm

If she won't sign, then you have to file for contested divorce instead of an uncontested divorce. The issue of ending the marriage is automatic and can't be fought, but you may have to go to trial or settle your issues regarding property, debt, and children.

Read more
Answered on 6/24/13, 11:25 am
Elliot Goldstein Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein

I agree to both Mr. Rose and Mr. Smitten.

She needs to formally served with the divorce papers.

Even if she is unwilling to cooperate now, there is a substantial chance the case will be resolved before trial. The vast majority of cases do not go to trial.

If you opt to proceed without the assistance of counsel, be aware that you will not be entitled to a “do over” if things go badly.

Contact me to discuss the specifics of your case further. While telephone calls, and email responses, are encouraged, please do not send text messages.

Sincerely, Elliot Goldstein

Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein, P.A.

1587 Main St., Ste. C

Dunedin, FL 34698

Tele. No.: 727/455-6596

Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein, P.A.

550 N. Reo St. Ste. 300

Tampa, FL 33609

Tele. No.: 813/810-1500

Read more
Answered on 6/24/13, 4:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida