Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

Changing her mind midstream

I am filing a simplified dissolution of marriage petition in Florida. We have agreed on a division of assets and liabilities. The papers have been filed with the court. Should my wife change her mind between now and our final hearing date, will the judge make the determination of division of assets on the spot or will we need to start all over again? Thank you

Asked on 11/07/04, 9:15 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Moses Williams Moses E. Williams, Attorney at Law

Re: Changing her mind midstream

The judge could make the decision on the "spot." I suggest you consult with an attorney about how to protect your interests.

Read more
Answered on 11/08/04, 10:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida