Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I am going through a child custody battle with my childs mother. she was recently arrested for abusing her prescription drugs and getting pulled over with a dwi with them. i have heard that she is on pills really bad not just her prescription but others as well. in florida is there anything that i can file with the courts asking her to take a drug test? and is there a way i can do a emergency one so that she doesnt have time to get them out of her system?

Asked on 7/31/12, 12:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

I suggest you gather your evidence. Get a copy of all the prescriptions that she is taking by talking to her doctors. If you believe she is taking drugs other than those prescribed, where and who did she get them from. You have to have evidence. At the time of trial you can present your evidence and ask for an on the spot drug test. You too will probably have to give one.

Read more
Answered on 7/31/12, 3:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida