Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I have two children from a woman whom I never married. I am married now (to someone else). I would like to know if child support is based solely on my income or the total combined incomes of my wife and I? I also would like to know if I become unemployed, will my wife be responsible for making child support payments?

Asked on 10/01/13, 8:01 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm

Your income alone, even if you become unemployed (unless you purposefully become unemployed to live off your wife).

Read more
Answered on 10/01/13, 8:55 pm

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

support is based on your income.

Read more
Answered on 10/02/13, 4:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida