Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

Daughter's exfiance took engagement ring without my daughter's knowledge or okay. What should she do? She lives in Florida.

Asked on 5/16/13, 12:39 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

Your only option is to sue to get the ring.

Read more
Answered on 5/16/13, 1:36 pm

Gregory Buckley Gregory T. Buckley, Attorney at Law

An engagement ring is considered to be a "conditional" gift. The condition being actually getting married.

Since you are referring to him as her ex-fiancÚ, I will assume that they did not get married. If that is the case, the ring should have been returned to him at that point.

Read more
Answered on 5/16/13, 2:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida