Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

My daughters father filed a petition that I cant leave the state with her and filed for a hearing in florida. We HAVE NOT been residence here for 6 months like stated on the paper. Can I legally file for a change of venue

Asked on 6/06/20, 7:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

You can argue that but doubt the original court will approve. There issue is the best interests of the child.

Read more
Answered on 6/07/20, 5:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida