Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I am desperate for help. I live in Florida, Today I lost my parental rights to my 2 year old daughter due to being a two time victim of domestic violence with my child's father. I have supervised visitation rights only 3x a week. DCF treated me very poorly and didn't listen to my side of the story. I know I was wrong for putting my child in danger by going back to my abuser, her dad, but I was weak, vulnerable, and in denial about everything and I learned my lesson the hard way. I have another court date set for next week regarding the same case and I am heartbroken and desperate to get my baby back in my arms. I just completed a DCF-approved 4 hour online parenting class (not court ordered) What else should I do?

Asked on 3/22/19, 8:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alan Wagner Wagner McLaughlin, P.A.

You would be best served by getting a lawyer to represent you (and staying away from abusers).

Read more
Answered on 3/28/19, 10:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida