Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

if in my divorce decree my ex wife and I signed that I am to carry our daughter on my income tax yearly. but day 1 she has continue to carry her every year isn't that fraud?

Asked on 3/29/13, 7:33 am

4 Answers from Attorneys

Alan Smith Tallahassee Legal Counsel

How do you know that she is carrying your daughter? You may have grounds to move for contempt or enforcement of your divorce order. If you would like a free consultation, please call me at 850-778-1355.

Read more
Answered on 3/29/13, 7:37 am

Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

I would call it contempt. I suggest you file a contempt/enforcement action and have her pay you back the money you would have received or reduce your child support to cover the loss.

Read more
Answered on 3/29/13, 8:56 am
Natalie Hall The Law Office of Natalie D. Hall, P.A.

This can be enforced by a Motion for Contempt or Enforcement. Take a copy of the Final Judgment and have an attorney review the matter.

Natalie Hall, Esq.

(407) 412-7035

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 3/29/13, 9:20 am
John Smitten Carey and Leisure

It is a violation of the divorce decree so you should file a motion to enforce. Contact my office for free consultation 727-446-7659

Read more
Answered on 3/29/13, 3:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida