Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

what to do ? divorce was final 2008 and my ex is now jobless her new husband is on dissability and she says that she dont have gas money to meet me with my son its my weekend what can i do ?

Asked on 2/18/11, 1:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tracy Newmark The Newmark Law Firm, PA

Legally, you can bring her to court for not complying with the agreement that says she has to bring the child to you (if that is what the agreement or order says). Basically it depends upon what the agreement or court order says about the exchange of the child for time sharing.

Practically, you can act as the adult in the relationship and pick up the child. Maybe she will even give you more time with the child if that is in the child's best interests?

Read more
Answered on 2/18/11, 1:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida