Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

divorce an incarcerated person

I would like to divorce my husband, we do have 3 minor children at home. Do I still have to take the class, before allowing to get a divorce. He is doing 14 yrs.. Our house is already in Foreclosure, I have had already had to sel lmost everything we own to survive and dont have any income. Is there any way to find someone to help me?

Asked on 6/23/09, 5:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm

Re: divorce an incarcerated person

If your county or your divorce judge requires the class, you still have to take it, even though the father is in prison.

If by "find someone to help," you mean you need a free lawyer, you'll have to check with legal aid. If they won't help, you'll probably have to pay for your lawyer like everyone else.

Read more
Answered on 6/24/09, 2:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida