Legal Question in Family Law in Florida


hi my name is jenna i filed for my divorce in massachsetts and my husband has been served and now i live in florida. am i in any way able to get it transfered

Asked on 8/12/08, 6:50 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Scott R. Jay Law Offices of Scott R. Jay

Re: divorce

NOTE: This communication is not intended as and should not be interpreted as legal advice. Rather, it is intended solely as a general discussion of legal principles. You should not rely on or take action based on this communication without first presenting ALL relevant details to a competent attorney in your jurisdiction and then receiving the attorney's individualized advice for you. By reading the "Response" to your question or comment, you agree that the opinion expressed is not intended to, nor does it, create any attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. If you do not agree, then stop right here, and do not read any further.

No. A divorce cannot be transferred from state to state. You must have 6 months of residency in the State of Florida before filing a divorce in Florida.

Scott R. Jay, Esq.

Read more
Answered on 8/12/08, 7:35 pm
Johm Smith tom's

Re: divorce

No, you should probably just finish the divorce in MA.

Read more
Answered on 8/12/08, 8:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida