Legal Question in Family Law in Florida


I have been married 4yrs but we only were together almost 3 months then seperated flordia would not annual the marrige what paper work do i need to get a divorce and we both have kids but not together.

Asked on 8/19/07, 7:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott R. Jay Law Offices of Scott R. Jay

Re: divorce

NOTE: This communication is not intended as and should not be interpreted as legal advice. Rather, it is intended solely as a general discussion of legal principles. You should not rely on or take action based on this communication without first presenting ALL relevant details to a competent attorney in your jurisdiction and then receiving the attorney's individualized advice for you. By reading the "Response" to your question or comment, you agree that the opinion expressed is not intended to, nor does it, create any attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. If you do not agree, then stop right here, and do not read any further.

You will need to file a Petition for Dissolution of Marriage, a Financial Affidavit and a Summons. You can find the Supreme Court approved forms online at:

If you are unsure what to do, you can usually hire an attorney for an uncontested divorce for a very reasonable fee.

Scott R. Jay, Esq.

Read more
Answered on 8/19/07, 9:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida