Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

hello, I have been divorced since 2007, in the divorce agreement I was to get 50 percent of the sale of the house plus an addtional $17,000, the house is now in for closure so I know that there is not going to be a split of any kind, is there anyway I am still intitled to get the $17,000? Also I am to start getting alimony the first of every month in the amount of $1500 begining the first month after the sale of the house, My ex husband thinks for some reason the amount he is going to pay is 25 percent of his monthy pay check which would only be about $850, he says he doesn't make as much money now as he did when I filed for divorce( it was his choice to move out of state and re marry and get a new job). So my question is..How to go about telling him about the alimony and do you think there is a way I can get the $17k?. I am still living in the house which I might have to be out by mid January, I am currently out of work and have no money to move with.

Thank you for you time

Asked on 12/14/11, 5:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cory Schnepper Levine, Busch & Schnepper, P.A.

you should have your attorney get in touch with him. if the house is lost in foreclosure, then neither you nor he would realize any money from the house.

Read more
Answered on 12/15/11, 11:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida