Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I've been divorced from my first wife for 9 years and our degree directed child support for both children. After my daughter entered the Air Force my support for her was terminated and my ex thretened to reassess for more support for my son through California and we came to an agreement of give her the additional amount I was providing for my daughter through email. I'm remarried and have a 7 year old daughter and I'm retiring from the Air Force and my annual income will be less than what it currently is. My the email legal binding and can I go back to what is directed through the divorce degree?

Asked on 9/25/13, 4:36 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert McCall Law Office of Robert McCall

A court may decide that a 7 year history of compliance with an agreement is binding on you. You can request the court reassess child support based upon a significant change of circumstances, i.e. your retirement.

Read more
Answered on 9/25/13, 5:29 am

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

A judge may have to rule on this issue, if you cannot agree.

Read more
Answered on 9/25/13, 7:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida