Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

Been divorced for almost 6 years. Ordered to pay the ex half my pension. Nobody has heard from her in over 3 years. None of the friends she use to call that we both know have heard nothing. Her brother died last month and her niece did not get a phone call or anything. I have contact via text message with someone who claims to be her, if it is, she refuses to prove it by answering a simple question. The divorce says I do not have to pay if she passes away. I mail the check to her daughter, who will also not speak to me. Do I have a right to know if she is alive? The signature on the check is not hers. Only advise I can get from attorney is hire P.I., which I do not have the money for.

Asked on 4/06/21, 11:18 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

If you stop paying I would think you will hear something.

Read more
Answered on 4/06/21, 12:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida