Legal Question in Family Law in Florida


I am 16 and have a very turbulant relationship with my mother. i have heard from many teachers and other adults that i should petition for emancipation. my mother would never consent to it beacause she is very controlling and she doesnt want me to end up better than she was. i am on probation but all my stuff is done so i will be off soon. I want to know what i can do to get emancipated as soon as possibe without my mothers consent. I have a job and a place to live and i will stay in school all i need is to legally be able to leave. Any advise?

Asked on 11/04/04, 1:25 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Moses Williams Moses E. Williams, Attorney at Law

Re: Emancipation

You can petition for emancipation. If you have other adult relatives who are willing to adopt you, then you may have more success. Nevertheless, you need an attorney. If you can afford legal counsel, I look forward to hearing from you again.

Read more
Answered on 11/04/04, 3:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida