Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

extramarital affair

if a extra marital affair occurs in florida and then adivorce happens what is rights of the one who did not have and also a 1 year old is involved

Asked on 9/20/00, 2:29 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Joel Cohen Joel M. Cohen,P.A.

Re: extramarital affair

I know that you have been seriously hurt by your spouse's unfaithfulness. I always advise people with children to attempt to rebuild a marriage. Divorce can be a lifetime mistake, especially for your child. If you cannot reconcile, you are entitled to relief consistent with his abilitiy to pay support. Sorry, but you don't get any more money because he strayed. JMC

Read more
Answered on 10/20/00, 9:11 am

Melody Stickel-Martinez Melody Stickel-Martinez, Esq.

Re: extramarital affair

Florida Law - If a spouse has an affair and it is proven that marital funds and assets were depleted because of this affair then it is possible that you will receive a greater portion of the assets.

Read more
Answered on 10/20/00, 2:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida