Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

Can I file for back child support against my father's estate? I'm 64, father died at age 89 leaving everything to his 2nd wife, nothing to his 2 children from his 1st marriage. My older sister & I were made wards of the state of Michigan in 1946.

Asked on 10/15/09, 5:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm

If you have an old judgment that pre-dates 1998, then maybe, depending on which part of the state the probate case exists in (the law is different in different parts of the state). If you have no judgment, then no, too much time has passed.

Read more
Answered on 10/15/09, 10:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida