Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I filed paperwork for paternity and time sharing in Escambia County Florida where my daughter was born and where I live. Her mother answered the petition and we both agree I'm the father. Is a hearing needed for paternity to be legal.

Asked on 8/08/19, 3:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert McCall Law Office of Robert McCall

Depends on the Judge. A Final Judgment must be entered; some judges will sign a Proposed FJ if both parties will agree in writing. Others require a formal hearing with both parties in attendance. If you do not have an attorney check with the Clerk of Courts' Pro Se Coordinator.

Read more
Answered on 8/09/19, 1:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida