Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I filed a petition to reopen my child custody case. Since then i have changed my mind. Do i have to tell the courts or how do i stop them from doing it

Asked on 6/29/13, 6:24 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Natalie Hall The Law Office of Natalie D. Hall, P.A.

File a voluntary dismissal. However the other parent may want to be heard on other matters and if that parent filed a counter petition that counter petition will have to be addressed.

Read more
Answered on 6/29/13, 9:16 pm

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

File a notice of foluntary dismissal with the clerk, copy the other side.

Read more
Answered on 6/30/13, 1:30 pm
Carolyn Jones Law Office of Carolyn R. Jones

You need to file a voluntary dismissal with the clerk of courts.

Read more
Answered on 7/01/13, 9:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida