Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I need help on filing a motion for visitation with my child her mother and I have a written agreement and we are trying to get it signed by a judge to cover both of us how can we do this. we both have lawyers but niether one of them wanyt to file the paperwork they just keep asking for more money and do nothing

Asked on 7/13/13, 7:29 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm

There is no such thing as a "motion for visitation." If you want visitation established (technically, you have to call it "timeshare"), and you've never been married to one another, you have to file a petition for paternity. The establishment of child support and timeshare (in what's called a "parenting plan") is part of a paternity lawsuit.

Read more
Answered on 7/13/13, 9:13 am

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

Just file a motion asking for contact with your kid. You are responsible for setting the hearing too.

Read more
Answered on 7/14/13, 12:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida