Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

After final divorce mediation challenge

My ex-wife is challenging the mediation agreement that has been finalized. We are to sell our house on February 28th and I owe her back pay for 2 months of child support and 3 months of house payments totaling to about $6300 in accordance with the mediation judgement which I have agreed pay directly out of my share to hers. She is continding that she does not agree with the document she signed and the judge approved and all funds for the sell of the house are going to escrow until this situation can be resolved. She is continding that I owe her $20,000 so I offered to put up $10000 in escrow until resolved but she refused. My question is...Can she go back and challange the signed contract agreement after the divorce is final? Do I have any recourse? I am in an very bad financial position and I think she is doing this out of spite. The contract is very clear on how much I am to pay her and when the start dates were. Child Support started in January and house payments started in December. She wants payment back to July but the mediator gave me credit for moneys she removed from bank accounts and bills I had paid thru October. Any advice would be appreciated. HELP!!!!

Asked on 2/22/06, 11:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Shigo The Shigo Law Firm, P.A.

Re: After final divorce mediation challenge

It appears that she voluntarily agreed to the mediation settlement and the judge signed an order that must be followed. She must follow through with the agreement. If she refuses, you may file a motion asking the judge to force her to comply with the settlement agreement and final order.

Read more
Answered on 2/23/06, 8:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida