Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I have a final hearing on January 16 for motion of contempt modification and relocation - family law , but I also want to change my daughter name and renew her passport because it will expired in February, What should I file prior to the final hearing in Jay, can I use the heating in January for request of changing name and renewal of her passport by filing petition, the father refused to sing consent for renewal her passport because Of the relocation, should I file petition for changing name now or after the final hearing in January.

Asked on 12/22/19, 8:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

A change of name should required a separate petition and hearing. The passport renewal can be requested at your upcoming hearing. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 12/22/19, 8:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida