Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

The Florida DOR cashed my child support checks but didn't apply them to my account. They sent a suspension of drivers license letter if I didn't contest in 20 days the date of notice. I filed a Motion to Contest Drivers Lic Suspension which they received via cert mail within 20 days (per the post office). Still they suspended my license. If I have to use a cab to commute to work until my hearing can I recover the costs of transportation from the state for their failure to follow their procedure?

Asked on 9/15/13, 9:37 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

You will not be able to recover those costs. File a motion to reconcile the arrears with the clerk office to straighten things out.

Read more
Answered on 9/16/13, 2:14 am

Robert McCall Law Office of Robert McCall

Can you imagine the Gestapo admitting a mistake and doing the right thing to correct it? You have the same chance of recovery.

Read more
Answered on 9/16/13, 6:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida