Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

A full divorce is not feasible at this time due to children and finances, but Is there a way to file for a legal separation in Florida. I realize that there is no formal court recognition of a separation, but I have heard that one can file articles of separation that will set up guidelines for a separation that can be held up in court.

Asked on 6/18/19, 9:13 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert McCall Law Office of Robert McCall

Very dangerous to attempt this method. A Judge will interpret the Separation Agreement under contract law, a dissolution is interpreted under Equity principles. Apples vs. Oranges.

Read more
Answered on 6/18/19, 11:40 am
Alan Wagner Wagner McLaughlin, P.A.

There is no way to do this in a manner that would in any way become binding on a court.

Read more
Answered on 6/19/19, 10:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida