Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

If my husband is addicted to drugs, and I have moved out of the home, how much access to the children do I have to allow him to have? I am not seeking divorce. He will not seek treatment for drug abuse as long as he sees the children regularly. He says he has rights to see them as much as he wants and that he will pursue those rights if need be. I want to know what are my rights? My children need to see their father. All visits are supervised and in public area areas, but this whole "tough love" thing doesn't work so well if he gets to spend as much time as he wants with them whenever he wants because "it's his right"

Asked on 9/29/13, 3:15 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert McCall Law Office of Robert McCall

You need to speak with attorney in your area ASAP. Some judges will hold your attempt at protecting the girls at the expense of the Father time, without a court order, against you. You lose your time and maybe custody.

Read more
Answered on 9/29/13, 2:55 pm

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

If he is a drug addict then he should see the children under supervised conditions,

Read more
Answered on 9/29/13, 3:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida