Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

my husband wants to adopt 50 year old step son. We live in Fla, he lives in WV. Where do we start?

Asked on 6/24/13, 7:33 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

You can file here in FL, you will need the consents of the parents and the step-son or you will have to do a termination of parental rights proceeding first.

Read more
Answered on 6/24/13, 7:40 am

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm

The process of adopting an adult is fairly straightforward. You can probably find the forms online, but it would be better to use a lawyer, and all parties would have to sign a consent form. Other than the emotional effect, the real purpose for adopting an adult is to allow that adult to inherit.

Read more
Answered on 6/24/13, 7:40 am
Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

Call me - the advise you are getting is just a little off the mark. I will be glad to assist you.


Read more
Answered on 6/27/13, 5:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida