Legal Question in Family Law in Florida


If my son's wife has been cheating on him, does he have any chance at getting his children, at least rotating custody? They are separated now and she has been taking their children to her boyfriends and was also taking them there before they separated. Can he file at fault divorce in Florida because of her boyfriends/infidelity? Can he prevent the children from moving out of the state with her and her boyfriend? Thank you

Asked on 4/19/05, 9:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Elissa Vessal Elissa S. Vessal, Esquire PA

Re: Infidelity

The law has evolved such that mothers do not automatically gain custody of the children. The Courts recognize that children benefit from a strong relationship with both parents and will consider many factors when determining custody. It is most importantant that you son contact an attorney to protect his rights.

Elissa Vessal

Read more
Answered on 4/19/05, 12:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida