Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I have three kids from my first marriage. we have already been to court, I am the custodial parent. he has visitations 3 times a year but has not seen the kids in almost a year. since we moved away from him I have set my oldest up in counciling and I have found out she has PTSD and a lot more issues I'm dealing with that were caused by her father. How do I get his "rights" taken away from him so he has no contact with my kids again?

Asked on 4/02/13, 7:56 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

You have to file a petition to terminate his parental rights. Contact my office for free consultation. 727-446-7659

Read more
Answered on 4/03/13, 3:08 am

Carolyn Jones Law Office of Carolyn R. Jones

In order to ensure your ex has no further contact with the children you would have to file a Petition to Terminate Parental Rights. The court would then schedule a hearing to determine whether to grant your request. Best Wishes I hope your children are able to recover.

Read more
Answered on 4/03/13, 6:36 am
Alan Smith Tallahassee Legal Counsel

You have not given enough facts for us to give a complete answer- and that is very smart, so don't post anything else.

I would advise you to speak with one of the attorneys who has given you contact information. Whether you have grounds to do something with the courts will depend on what exactly happened with your daughter and her father. You could go for a termination of parental rights and you might get it, but courts as a rule are very reluctant to go there. You may also wish to consider modifying your parenting arrangement to further restrict visitation, or include a provision that all visits he has with your children must be supervised by yourself or a neutral third party who is familiar with family dynamics of this sort.

Read more
Answered on 4/03/13, 7:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida