Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

Is it legal for a parent that has majority time-sharing to move to another statew/o petitioning the court prior to moving?

Asked on 9/25/13, 7:22 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

No that is not permitted, especially if there is a court order in place. You should file a petition to have the child returned to you asap.

Read more
Answered on 9/25/13, 7:32 am

Gregory Buckley Gregory T. Buckley, Attorney at Law

No, it is not legal for a parent to do that. If they want to permanently relocate the children more than 50 miles from their current residence, they need to comply with Florida's Parental Relocation Statute, Chapter 61.13001.

You need to consult with a family law attorney in your area as soon as possible to discuss your options.

Read more
Answered on 9/25/13, 8:12 am
Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm

Relocating a minor child more than 50 miles after a divorce or paternity actions requires permission froma judge or the other parent.

Read more
Answered on 9/25/13, 8:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida