Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I live in FL and am currently dating a man who has a felony from 2009 for trafficking canibus and nothing else before or after that offense. We are getting serious and I am considering introducing my kids to him. My ex boyfriend who I have one child with is requesting my current boyfriend's name and date of birth so that he can run a background check on him. I know that I don't have to provide this information to him, but can he take my son from me because of this? Or can he prohibit me from bringing my new boyfriend around our child? There is currently no court order in the system for custody, we just pretty much share it amongst each other almost 50/50.

Asked on 9/06/13, 8:36 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Not without a court order.

Read more
Answered on 9/06/13, 8:41 am

Robert McCall Law Office of Robert McCall

He has no right to that information. You may consider telling him that if he persists your current BF may sue him for invasion of privacy. Criminal convictions do not come in to play in Florida unless the conviction is for a second degree felony or worse.

Read more
Answered on 9/06/13, 10:14 am
John Smitten Carey and Leisure

He cannot act on his own and control you he has to get some kind of order

Read more
Answered on 9/06/13, 12:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida