Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I live in florida, father of children in prison I want to know if I can get sole custody and what rights his mother has over my chilfren. they are 8 and 4 and we were never married

Asked on 10/09/13, 8:45 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

His mother (the paternal grandmother) has zero rights. Zero. If he is in jail you will get sole custody for sure, you have to file a petition to enforce your rights.

Read more
Answered on 10/09/13, 12:20 pm

Robert McCall Law Office of Robert McCall

1. His mother has no rights in your children, grandparents rights do not exist in Florida.

2. In your divorce you may ask for sole custody; it depends on what he did to go to prison as to whether or not the Judge will award sole custody.

Read more
Answered on 10/09/13, 12:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida