Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I live in the state of Florida and I have one child with my ex-boyfriend. He is demanding that I give him the name and date of birth of any new man that I am seeing so that he can run a background check on him. Can he require this of me? His excuse is that he wants to make sure that any new man that I may possibly bring around our doesn't have any criminal history. He is also requesting that I not bring any new man around until he has completed his background check. Can he do this?

Asked on 8/15/13, 10:12 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

That is absolutely ridiculous - no he cannot do that.

Read more
Answered on 8/15/13, 10:52 am

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

No, You may wish to establish primary residence with you.

Read more
Answered on 8/15/13, 2:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida