Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

If a married couple created a business together and are going through a divorce can one take full income away from the other even though paper work has not been drawn up or agreement struck?

Asked on 3/29/13, 1:12 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Natalie Hall The Law Office of Natalie D. Hall, P.A.

This question is unclear. When you say "take full income away" are you speaking of the income from the business?

If a business was created during the marriage it is a marital asset or liability to be equitably divided. Furthermore income from the business can be considered for support (whether child support or spousal support). If the divorce is pending one party can petition the court for temporary support asking the court to consider income from the business. An agreement is not necessary.

Make a consultation with a local family law attorney. Based on the issues involved, legal guidance is perhaps necessary.

Natalie Hall, Esq.

[email protected]

(407) 412-7035

Read more
Answered on 3/29/13, 2:27 pm

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

If it is a joint venture then no. All profits are split 50/50. Contact my office for free consultation 727-446-7659

Read more
Answered on 3/29/13, 2:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida