Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I've been married for almost 4 years and my husband has decided that he doesn't think we will work. He cheated very early on in our marriage and I stayed and tried to make it work. For many years now he has not seemed interested in me romantically and no matter how much I beg him and communicate my needs he just won't even try to be intimate with me. That being said, I did cheat on him out of desperation. He has been the primary source of income making over double what I ever did. What are my rights?

Asked on 8/18/13, 7:23 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Natalie Hall The Law Office of Natalie D. Hall, P.A.

You may have a case for durational alimony (short period of time) or rehabilitative alimony (until you accomplish a specific goal) but further assessment of your need and his financial ability is needed especially given this very short period of marriage. Schedule a consultation with an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 8/18/13, 8:00 am

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm

The cheating you both have done probably has almost nothing to do with your divorce, legally at least. You may be entitled to some small amount of alimony, but, given the short term of your marriage, you should speak to a lawyer to see if there is any case that can be made for you to receive alimony.

Read more
Answered on 8/18/13, 4:28 pm
John Smitten Carey and Leisure

Four year marriage you will at most get 2 years of alimony plus division of your marital assets and liabilities.

Read more
Answered on 8/19/13, 2:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida