Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

Mother of my 12 year old daughter is trying to leave the state for a job. She is a nurse. got fired because she gave notice for this job without my permission and I said no. She told boss she wasn't leaving and they fired her anyway. She is fully employable and can work per diem at $26 an hour until her next job offer comes in. She made no attempt to submit resumes and even try and find a job. It is in Roakoke virginia. 11 hour car ride or 2.5 hours from the nearest airport. We are close friends. She has moved out of state before on temp jobs with my permission. The job is too far from Orlando. This move would cause a great inconvenience to my daughter and she expressed she doesn't want to go. What steps do I need to take and what are my rights. She did this once before without her sons (7 year old) fathers permission and the courts ordered her back. This was just over a year ago.

Asked on 8/09/18, 1:25 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

She can certainly leave the state for a job. She just can't take her daughter without a court order from the state of Florida. I suggest you file a supplemental petition for change of visitation, custody and child support.

Read more
Answered on 8/10/18, 9:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida