Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I am paying alimony, my former wife is engaged to a man that is living in her home. Should I have to continue to support her ?

Asked on 4/22/15, 1:26 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert McCall Law Office of Robert McCall

Review the Final Judgment, its language controls. Usually alimony stops if she remarries

Read more
Answered on 4/22/15, 1:30 pm
Elliot Goldstein Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein

Prior to her getting married again, you can stop it, or reduce it, if you prove that they have a "mutually supportive relationship". I would wait until they were living together for at least a few months. By then you might, through the discovery process, be able to show a paper trail supporting the existence of such a relationship. Retain an experienced family law attorney. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 4/22/15, 4:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida