Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I'm paying my x-wife 1288.50 a mouth and now I'm going to be cut $256.37 a week, witch I did need to live on..Now that I don't have that money can I get my alimony reduced...When I first started giving her the 1288.50 she was not getting SS I also pay the mortgage, taxes'and Ins..

Asked on 9/03/13, 10:02 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

Based upon this fact pattern yes you should qualify for a reduction. You need to file a petition to redice the alimony with the court asap.

Read more
Answered on 9/03/13, 11:16 am

Robert McCall Law Office of Robert McCall

If this was a 5% or greater change in your income you may file for a reduction in CS. TRAP: The original amount is owed until the Petition to Modify is filed with the court.

Read more
Answered on 9/03/13, 12:16 pm
Elliot Goldstein Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein

You need to promptly pursue a Supplemental Petition for Modification. As there usually is no retroactive application, the sooner you file the better.

If you opt to proceed without the assistance of counsel, be aware that you will not be entitled to a “do over” if things go badly.

An internet inquiry is no substitution for an in-office consultation with an attorney.

Contact me to schedule a no obligation office consultation. While telephone calls, and email responses, are encouraged, please do not send text messages.

Sincerely, Elliot Goldstein

Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein, P.A.

1014 Ohio Ave., Ste. B

Palm Harbor, FL 34683

Tele. No.:727/455-6596

Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein, P.A.

550 N. Reo St. Ste. 300

Tampa, FL 33609

Tele. No.: 813/810-1500

Read more
Answered on 9/03/13, 12:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida