Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

How can I prevent my wife and her family from taking my daughter, and if they do, what should I do then?

I'm in Florida and my wife was baker-acted and is in the hospital for thoughts of harming our baby, and I saw her act out on one of those thoughts, and also threatening to kill me and herself.

I hope this is something we can work through with the medical help.

When my wife threatened to kill me, my wife told me that her and her mother were going to take my daughter to North Carolina if this situation doesn't go the way her mom wants.

I fear they will not properly supervise and ensure my daughter's safety and health, nor do I think they will get my wife the help she needs.

I want them to come down and see Courtney and the baby, but I'm concerned that they will act out on that threat.

I do not want my daughter to go from our home, nor do I want her to go from her doctors.

Asked on 8/11/13, 2:53 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm

File for divorce. Even if you later dismiss the divorce, your wife is forbidden from moving your daughter more than 50 miles from her current residence.

Read more
Answered on 8/11/13, 4:01 pm

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

You should file for divorce then go for full custody of the child.

Read more
Answered on 8/12/13, 1:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida