Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

Proof of Child Care payments

I have been requested to show proof of payments for child care. Problem is, I pay a private sitter via cash and no receipts (bad, I know) as she does not pay taxes on this income. Do you have any suggestions on how I should present my situation to the requesting attny?

Asked on 7/01/08, 2:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Re: Proof of Child Care payments

How about an affidavit of her earnings over the period of time she worked for you?

Of course, then that could open her up to tax consequences if someone (wife/husband) wants to take to that level.

The other side may want to take her deposition.

If you are "pro se" you might want to consult with the family lawyer in your city to get a rock-solid recommendation.

Read more
Answered on 7/02/08, 3:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida