Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

Hi my question is the following : i am 7 1/2months pregnant and dating the "baby daddy". He mentioned to me that he can take the baby to his parents house to stay the night even though i dont agree because he is the father amd can do that. Is that true? Would i have to go to court if he insist to have a 4mnth bby sleep somewhere were his mother will not be i can make sure he doesn't do it.

Asked on 9/10/12, 8:03 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gregory Buckley Gregory T. Buckley, Attorney at Law

If you are not married when the baby is born, and paternity has not been legally established, he would actually have no legal rights at all with respect to the child. If he is going to want to establish a time-sharing schedule with the child, it will be his responsibility to file a Petition with the court to establish his paternity.

Read more
Answered on 9/11/12, 6:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida