Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I have several questions actually

first: Is the court required to give me a written copy of the court order in a custody hearing. I received a copy of the court order and it did not state that I had to allow my ex-girlfriend into my house to inspect it. It was discussed in the hearing but did not make it into the court order I received. Two weeks later I was summoned into court for contempt and to compel me to allow it. I had agreed to a third party inspection of the two lawyers. my lawyer quit and no one called to schedule. I have since had to submit to her entering my house and video taping a walk through inspection.

Second, my ex accessed my bank records (was removed from account 7 months ago) and printed them and showed them to persons, and the judge in hearing. The judge said they were gained illegally and she would not look at them. My bank said it violated a law. I looked up the law and it is statute 817.568 Florida law. I cannot get anyone to file charges. The sheriff and district attorney says since no money was taken it is not a crime. I think my privacy was invaded and it is harassment and she illegally used my pin number. Is this a crime?

Third, I have papers given to me by my ex, from a lawyer and when my lawyer called him he said he did not represent her and he drew no papers up for her. He later stated two weeks after we served her with papers and I hired a lawyer that he does represent her now. Is it against the law and fraud for those papers to be served and they were signed by that lawyer when in his own admission he did not represent her. He said his wife, his paralegal, let them leave the office without his knowledge. He has also asked for 1/2 of her legal fees which I have in an apology letter written by him about the fraudulent papers that he is representing her Pro-bono. Is this illegal?

fourth, she called the sheriff's office to gain access to my home (parent's home, I lived there). I was told by the sheriff that I had 15 minutes to arrive and let her in or she could break in and it would be a civil matter because she lived there. She actually did not live there and had not since July (this was in Dec). She took all of the baby items in the house. She lied to gain access to get all of the baby items.

The judge does not want to hear any of this. Is it illegal and how can I get the judge to see that they are trying to manipulate the law because her family works for the lawyer that represents her.

Asked on 8/24/13, 3:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

Yes all of the things she is doing are not proper or reasonable behavior. That said unless you can work out your affairs with her then this will never end, and the court will not want to deal with this. If you want to go to war fine you better be prepared to spend in excess of $10,000 with a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 8/25/13, 7:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida