Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

Received back child support money several months ago through intercept. Now state is asking for the money back. Already spent the money on the child for necessities. State tells me that they will withhold 1/2 of all future payments until its paid off. Will cause hardship. Other parent does not pay consistently. May take years to pay off.

How can the state give me the money and then take it away? Why can't I pay it back in a way that will not cause a financial hardship? Will I have to pay interest?

It doesn't seem right since other parent owes almost $20,000.

Asked on 10/09/13, 1:54 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Call them to discuss that issue. If necessary, seek court intervention.

Read more
Answered on 10/09/13, 1:58 pm

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

need to review your documents contact my office for free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 10/09/13, 5:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida