Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I recently went to court to change my child time sharing argeement so that i can get to spend more time with my daughter. I did not have any luck, they are making the child support come out of my check and that fine but now my daughters mother want to take me back to court for some support i owe her. to be honest if i have it i would give it to her but i dont. and if i take more time off i may lose the job i have now. i have not worked for the last 2 yrs and thats the only reason i owe her. my qustion is what are my option as far as going to court or not going, and will they make me pay even tho i dont have the money.

Asked on 7/19/13, 8:36 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm

Your real option is this: get a job and pay your support. In the meantime, the judge will give you affordable payments on your back support, but it will have to be paid. If you don't go to court, the judge will probably just add an extra 20% the amount of support coming out of your check to go toward back support.

Read more
Answered on 7/19/13, 8:45 am

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

The court will be sympathetic - for a SHORT while. Ultimately the law requires you to pay support so you have to make it happen otherwise you will get into trouble with the court.

Read more
Answered on 7/19/13, 9:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida