Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

When my ex remarries do I have to petition the courts or just stop payments

Asked on 9/03/13, 2:46 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm

Generally, you can just stop, but your court order should tell you.

Read more
Answered on 9/03/13, 2:47 pm

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

If it is garnished then you need an order to stop it otherwise just stop.

Read more
Answered on 9/03/13, 3:26 pm
Robert McCall Law Office of Robert McCall

It is always safest to advise the court, some judges get upset at unilateral action. Your Final Judgment should state procedure to follow.

Read more
Answered on 9/04/13, 6:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida