Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

Respond to a child support summons

I have 2 days left to respond to a child support summons. I can not afford a lawyer at this time, but I realize I need to respond. I do not know how to respond to the summons. Please help, so I do not go into default.

Asked on 10/22/08, 4:38 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Gordon Fenderson Fenderson Law Firm

Re: Respond to a child support summons

No one can properly respond without actually seeing what you were served with. Genarally, you just admit or deny allegations in the petition

Read more
Answered on 10/22/08, 8:21 am

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm

Re: Respond to a child support summons

There's nothing more expensive than not having a lawyer. Not to be rude, but how do you expect to defend this thing when you don't even know how to do step one, which is filing an answer? Do you think you'll get stuck with much higher child support without a lawyer, then be back here posting about how you need to get it "fixed" after it's all done?

Do yourself a favor, find the money somehow and get a lawyer. It will save you a whole lot of money over the course of the years until the child turns 18. In the meantime, you can download a form for an answer from the Florida supreme court website.

Read more
Answered on 10/22/08, 10:19 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida