Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I share custody of my 2 boys with my ex-husband and right now in florida De Santis issued a stay-at-home order because of COVID-19. I am the primary parent (60/40) and I am wondering how we exchange the boys. Is that allowed or can I tell him that the primary parent keeps the child(ren)?

Asked on 4/01/20, 11:14 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Philip Duvalsaint Philip A. Duvalsaint, PLLC

This is a question that many parents are currently grappling with. I am certain that there will be a significant influx of litigation related to this issue. I am advising my clients to do what they believe is in the best interest of their children. Many of my clients are simply suspending time sharing until further notice or updates from the CDC.

Read more
Answered on 4/01/20, 11:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida