Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

My ex and I have shared custody. My ex has primary residential custody. Now that our boys are 16 and 17 years old he is willing for them to come live with me from now on. Is there a form I need him to sign that he is giving me residential custody of my boys. And I am paying child support. When they come to live with me do I have to petition the court to stop child support payments. Do I have to wait for them to move in with me or can I do this right away. They want to move in asap.

Asked on 9/20/13, 5:50 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

Tis can all be handled by written agreement prepared by an attorney. Contact me.

Read more
Answered on 9/21/13, 7:18 am

Natalie Hall The Law Office of Natalie D. Hall, P.A.

Both issues can be handled in one Agreement/Stipulation. Furthermore if the support is by an Income deduction order, a new one will have to be drafted, signed by the Judge and provided to your employer. It is likely the case will have to be reopened with an Uncontested Petition for Modification of time sharing and child support.

Read more
Answered on 9/22/13, 5:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida