Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I am a single mom, planning my son's future. My son's father refuses to have anything to do with my baby. My son is 9 months old. We (my son n i) just moved in wit my parents, n I filed for child support, but my real question is on custody...if i was to pass away suddenly, if i had a will in place naming my parents guardians of my baby n explaining why i want it that way, will it hold up in custody court? I am a young mother, n so I'm looking to purchase life insurance and so forth, but since my son knows my family now, i would like to take care of this now...

Asked on 8/28/13, 10:28 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

Even if you designate a pre-need guardian in the event you die the father could step up and get custody. Father vs anyone else father will win unless his rights are terminated.

Read more
Answered on 8/29/13, 3:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida