Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

My sons mother and I were never married. She is the custodial parent, and I pay child support to her. I have my son every other weekend, and every Wednesday overnight, although it is not court ordered. I want to have my son 50/50, but can't afford to hire a lawyer. Is there a way I can file on my own without one?

Thank you

Asked on 11/06/11, 6:28 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gregory Buckley Gregory T. Buckley, Attorney at Law

You are always able to file on your own, but a case like this can be very difficult to get the type of outcome that you are seeking. You probably need to file if for no other reason so that you can get the time-sharing schedule set in an Order of the court so the mother of the child does not decide to withdraw visitation on a whim.

Read more
Answered on 11/07/11, 7:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida